Are you living today better than you did yesterday?
This is one of my favorite questions and one I think is worth asking yourself every single day. It allows us to really pinpoint what’s working and what’s not, what we need to tweak or improve, what progress we have made, and what more we need to learn.
It really puts us on the spot, which I like.
You are either living better today than you did yesterday or you are not. It’s pretty easy to see. And, if you are not, then you know you really do need to make some changes.
We want to be able to look back on where we have been, what we have gone through and all we have accomplished and see just how far we have come.
No one wants to be moving backwards (or sideways for that matter).
That means we have to be committed to Living Today Better than Yesterday.
And, we do that by taking step after step forward and taking advantage of all the possibilities each day offers us to learn, to change, to improve and to just get better at living, which means we will ultimately be able to live in a different way.
- The way we see things evolves
- We come to understand our true potential and how to continually succeed
- We improve the way we handle situations
- We learn how to manage and interact with people in the best way
- We take the continual steps that are needed to Live Today Better than Yesterday
And, we end up disentangling ourselves from the “stuff of life” and living in a different way.
There is always so much going on around us and so much we need to take care of and accomplish. But, we need to learn how to manage through all of it without losing site of the bigger picture, which is that we are supposed to be growing, learning, improving and accomplishing things as we move through life.
So, how do you do this? You make progress every single day in one way or another.
there is so much possibility in today
Each day we are given a new set of 24 hours and we get to decide how we use those 24 hours … what we do, what we think and what we learn. We can make the best use of that time, make improvements and take steps forward Today.
There are so many possibilities we have each day to improve something about ourselves, change our perspective, learn something valuable, take another step forward, and accomplish something.
And, the great thing is that if we stay committed to doing this everyday, we will be guaranteed that we are moving in the right direction and Living Today Better than Yesterday.
That’s really what it is all about. All, we have to do is take advantage of the possibilities of Today and take action. HOW?
1. At the beginning of every single day, ask yourself how you are going to take advantage of all the possibilities of Today. What are you going to do differently TODAY? What are you going to do better? What are you going to improve? How will you take another step forward TODAY?
- Think about something you are going to do TODAY that will help you move forward. It doesn’t matter if it is something big or small. It just has to be something that is moving you ahead.
- Maybe you are going to read about something you are interested in accomplishing one day? Maybe you are going to work on interacting with people better? Maybe you are going to do something that will move you closer to a goal? Maybe you are going to get your mind right?
2. ACTION, ACTION, ACTION. You’ve gotta do whatever it is that you came up with. Add it to your “to do” list for the day. Yes, you may have a lot of other things to do, but make sure you prioritize whatever it is you came up with and get it done.
3. At the end of the day, ask yourself if you Lived Today Better than Yesterday? Did you take a step forward (it doesn’t matter how big)? Did you learn something new? Did you move another step closer to a goal or to completing something you want to accomplish? Did you improve in someway? Asking this question everyday will keep you continually focused on the bigger picture and make certain you are always moving forward
Let’s join forces and go do this together. Let’s live Today in the best way we can. I will be here to help and support you in any and every way I can.
That is why alternaview.com will be getting a facelift over the next several days. It will be integrated into a new site called The Possibility of Today. You will see all the same core principles of the alternaview and the importance of looking at life from a different perspective.
But, The Possibility of Today is going to also focus on TAKING ACTION TODAY and using our 24 hours in the best way.
Making improvements Today. Right now.
Why on earth should we wait any longer? The time is NOW.
The greatest thing is that when you do make these continual improvements day after day, you end up getting HUGE results. The positive actions accumulate and you improve your life in ways you may have not even imagined were possible.
So, come on and join me. Let’s Live Today Better than Yesterday.
I have to give some BIG shout outs to the amazing team I have had helping me. Corbett Barr has been showing me the way. He is an amazing website strategist and if you have a chance to work with him or take one of his courses, you should jump at it as quickly as possible (they fill up really fast). I also highly recommend you subscribe to his blog Think Traffic and check out The Hustle Project (if you are trying to grow your blog or online business) or CorbettBarr (if you want to learn what it really means to live an amazing life anywhere and pursue awesomeness). He is also just a great guy that is totally approachable and always willing to help you out in any way he can.
A big thanks also to Sarah Bray and the entire team, Juliane Carson and Leah Shaver over at S. Joy Studios. They did all the reconstruction work and gave the alternaview its new face. They are really great to work with and if your blog is also in need of a facelift or if you need a complete rebuild, you should definitely check out her Site.
Last, but certainly not least, Jesse Petersen who is Mr. WordPress Extraordinaire and has a myriad of other technical experience. He has been with me from the early days and manages all the behind the scenes work. He built the infrastructure of the alternaview and definitely knows his stuff. I don’t do anything without him. If you ever need someone to install or build a WordPress site, customize Facebook or Twitter, do graphic design work or just about anything else, he is your guy. Check out his website or follow him on Twitter at @jpetersen.
a huge thank you to my readers
If you have been with me from the early days at the alternaview.com, or are a recent subscriber, I want to thank you so much for spending your time here. I know there are so many other places you could be and plenty of other things you can do with your time, so thank you for spending some of it with me. It’s been amazing to have you here and I am very much looking forward to more great conversations with you over at The Possibility of Today. I hope to see you over there.