Are you one of those people that believes you must always follow the rules everyone else is following? Do you go along with all of the societal norms? Have you ever felt you weren’t doing the right thing because other people were doing it differently?
It is often the case that we feel we are meant to do certain things because that’s the way they have always been done.
The world has a way of programming us and we may believe our job is to strictly adhere to all the guidelines and make certain we are doing things in a way that people expect.
Well, it just may be time to throw some of those beliefs to the wayside and choose to find and follow your own truth.
It’s not that we choose to do or see things differently merely to rebel against the system, but rather there is just something deep down inside us pointing us in a different direction.
Here’s a list of 39 things that are not necessarily in line with the norms of society, but they are by all means okay for us to do … as long as we are following our own truth.
39 things that are okay … (in fact, they are more than okay and you just may want to do them all)
it’s okay …
- to quit your 9-5 job and pursue your passion
- to change your mind
- to refuse to worry about tomorrow
- to be out of your comfort zone
- to be an idealist
- to go against conventional wisdom and do your own thing
- to have hope when things seem hopeless
- to quit doing something that drains your positive energy
- to tell people exactly what you want
- to believe that you have amazing potential
- to treat yourself from time to time to indulgences
- to expect that you will be successful and get good results
- to take the day off to relax and recharge
- to be scared and still choose to go after your dream
- to celebrate your accomplishments
- to only look at things from a positive perspective
- to dream
- to be wrong and learn
- to stop doing things and just be silent
- to reinvent yourself
- to avoid people that are negative
- to not prove that you are right
- to admit your weaknesses
- to follow your heart
- to realize that there are things you need to improve about yourself
- to lean on other people for support
- to go through a tough time
- to do things that other people don’t understand
- to question everything
- to make mistakes
- to not understand
- to march to your own beat
- to want more for yourself
- to lose
- to need help
- to start over
- to be bold and take chances
- to have to search for the answers
- to take baby steps
live today better than yesterday.
Share your wisdom. What did you think of this post? Do you have anything else to add to the list? Also, if you have any questions or think there is anything I can help you with, please feel free to send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment below. I always love hearing from readers.